Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Elis Regina, more truth.

3 comments:

  1. The more stripped down the arrangements are, Eli's Regina shines even more to me.

    I am often astonished by people who "know" singers, who never heard of her.. and to consider that she left a lot of recordings(some great), she died at 36....

    I would have liked to have been able to hear her more....

    Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True singers are those who take you on a journey via the lyrics they sing and the emotions conveyed during the voyage. Elis had the distinction of doing both with one great exception - she never sang in English. However, that really did not matter because if you listen carefully, you can hear the anguish, the laughter and the pain when she sang. She sang of struggle, lost love, heartaches, happiness and so much more. Every time I listen to her sing, the more I understand where she came from as a woman, mother, lover and friend.....Elis Regina is the TRUTH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aside from the emotional roller-coaster she had the ability to take the listener on, she understood nuance, anticipation and hesitation. Not in a way one would learn from a book but, in my opinion, the type only divine intervention can make possible.

    ReplyDelete