This blog is dedicated, but not limited, to the discussion of the finer things in life, Cuban cigars, Belgian beer, straight razors, music, food, family and friends (in addition to the ramblings of an old-school cat trapped in a modern world.) Bienvenido, and enjoy.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
What a "Big Time Rush."
This morning we wake up early and head back to the old neighborhood, Williamsburg, to Brooklyn Bowl for the Big Time Rush concert. As I drop my daughter and Mrs. Baya off, I hear, "Is that Nelson?" When I look, I see my long lost friend and old Tito Nieves colleague, Ivan Heredia. Ivan is an excellent pianist and vocalist whose talent is surpassed only by his humility. My first impression is that he now lives in Williamsburg, not a stretch because Ivan is young, successful and his vibe is very new Williamsburg. Ivan is in fact musically involved with Big Time Rush, one of my daughter's favorite groups, and is now living in Los Angeles. Mrs. Baya and my daughter had a great time at the concert and to cap it off, Ivan arranged to have them meet the members of the band with photos to commemorate the occasion. Thank you Ivan, for making both our days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a way to start my first official day back in NYC! As I told our daughter, whose expression was absolutely priceless as she had a conversation with her favorite TV stars-your Dad is amazing. It's all about how you treat those who you encounter every day. Ivan had nothing but kind words for you. Ivan was gracious and kind to both Lauren and I and we were grateful for the opportunity. My ultimate thanks are to you for being the person you are, because you made such an impression on Ivan, he chose to extend his kindness by making a memorable moment for our daughter. On a side note-I have to say those kids were awfully cute and they were very polite and gracious to both Lauren and I. And to top it all off, you took us to our favorite Cuchifrito place in Williamsburg!!!
ReplyDeleteIvan is a perfect example of an excellent musician who is an even better person, not something one sees with much frequency in that business. I'm very happy that his talents are being put to good use, he deserves all his good fortune.
ReplyDelete