This blog is dedicated, but not limited, to the discussion of the finer things in life, Cuban cigars, Belgian beer, straight razors, music, food, family and friends (in addition to the ramblings of an old-school cat trapped in a modern world.) Bienvenido, and enjoy.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Search for the New Land.
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite Lee Morgan albums.
.gotta go back and listen to this, as I recall a.departure. from bop toward something else. Jazz guitar (grant green), a little goes a long way....and Wayne Shorter kicks it in a nice direction. I think this was right after Sidewinder, and before rumproller,....I have to give this another listen. Thanks.
A little Sidewinder goes a long way with me but this, although stylistically similar, is a different head altogether. The quality of the recording is top-rate unlike most of the recordings of this time period.
.gotta go back and listen to this, as I recall a.departure. from bop toward something else.
ReplyDeleteJazz guitar (grant green), a little goes a long way....and Wayne Shorter kicks it in a nice direction.
I think this was right after Sidewinder, and before rumproller,....I have to give this another listen. Thanks.
A little Sidewinder goes a long way with me but this, although stylistically similar, is a different head altogether. The quality of the recording is top-rate unlike most of the recordings of this time period.
ReplyDeleteI do like Gary's Notebook on Sidewinder though.
ReplyDelete