My first time trying Magic Hat’s version and while not your classic Octoberfest beer I dig the cherry, toasted malt flavors and light sweetness. I love this beer style and applaud the liberties these smaller breweries are taking with this traditional beer. The only peculiar, not necessarily, negative thing I found with this beer is that it has a faint Cohiba-like grassiness in the finish. I love Cohibas so I'm cool with it but some cigar smokers don't like that about its profile so I figured I'd mention it, highly recommended though.
This blog is dedicated, but not limited, to the discussion of the finer things in life, Cuban cigars, Belgian beer, straight razors, music, food, family and friends (in addition to the ramblings of an old-school cat trapped in a modern world.) Bienvenido, and enjoy.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Magic Hat Hex Ourtoberfest
My first time trying Magic Hat’s version and while not your classic Octoberfest beer I dig the cherry, toasted malt flavors and light sweetness. I love this beer style and applaud the liberties these smaller breweries are taking with this traditional beer. The only peculiar, not necessarily, negative thing I found with this beer is that it has a faint Cohiba-like grassiness in the finish. I love Cohibas so I'm cool with it but some cigar smokers don't like that about its profile so I figured I'd mention it, highly recommended though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment