This blog is dedicated, but not limited, to the discussion of the finer things in life, Cuban cigars, Belgian beer, straight razors, music, food, family and friends (in addition to the ramblings of an old-school cat trapped in a modern world.) Bienvenido, and enjoy.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Double Edge razors.
After a very long time of almost exclusively shaving with a straight razor, I recently tried DEs, two Gillette Superspeeds from the early 60's, a now understand their allure. These things shave really well (almost as good as a straight but not quite), pre-shave preparation is short because there is no need to strop and they are otherwise very low-maintenance. I gifted someone cigars for Christmas and he returned the favor with these two NOS DEs and a variety of different blades. Another difference I noticed is that the DE shave doesn't last as long but it is so easy and efficient, who cares.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jr. is now officially in DE user, very cool.
ReplyDelete