Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How much cologne is too much?

Both Mother and Father Baya had a similar take on this question. My mother felt it was good to wear just enough to get the girl intrigued enough to get closer, while my father thinks one should wear enough to be smell nice and be comfortable.

I feel leaving behind a trail of cologne is never a good thing, the desired effect should be to smell pleasant and fresh everyday. In my opinion, it is best to apply cologne in the most subtle fashion possible. Overuse of your cologne can relatively smell almost as bad as not wearing any at all, the whole point is to enhance your personal scent with the cologne of your choice. I read somewhere that biologically women have a better sense of smell than men so that in itself is good reason to be more conscious about it.

Cologne in spray format is easier to apply but most cats have a hard time regulating the amount of cologne they put on, two conservative sprays is more than enough.

If you are using a regular bottle, splashing is never a good idea, one finger over the bottle opening and applying the cologne on key spots like behind your ears, the glandular points on your neck and your inner wrists works very well.

While some advocate it, keep cologne away from your clothes as best as you can. I think the result is very deodorizer hanging from a rear view mirror like.

I understand the need to mark our territory but we don't need to kill everybody in it. Like most cases, less is more.

1 comment:

  1. I think either men or women should use the " invited" category...those you invite close to you.

    ReplyDelete