This blog is dedicated, but not limited, to the discussion of the finer things in life, Cuban cigars, Belgian beer, straight razors, music, food, family and friends (in addition to the ramblings of an old-school cat trapped in a modern world.) Bienvenido, and enjoy.
Friday, August 9, 2013
Newton Pens
This fountain pen came to me via a trade for a vintage Kinmoji Kamisori I had that wasn't getting much use. I thought long and hard about the trade because I liked the Kamisori very much but I heard very good things about these pens and their maker so I jumped at the opportunity to own one.
Shawn Newton is a high school art teacher who loves fountain pens, Shawn sold his fountain pen collection to fund the purchase of a lathe and pen making supplies to start his venture. This pen is awesome, it has great balance, it's substantial but not cumbersome. I believe this pen is made of ebonite, the swirl pattern is very attractive.
Something very much worth noting is that Shawn donates a duplicate of every fountain pens he makes and sells to interested students and young fountain pen enthusiasts. I highly recommend these pens, check out this site:
http://newtonpens.wordpress.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm not making twins anymore, instead I've begun a scholarship to help kids with their college expenses. http://newtonpens.wordpress.com/2013/08/01/3rd-raffle-for-2014-graduating-seniors/
ReplyDelete