Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Grifiti TagTool Fountain Pen/Stylus



It's been a few decades since I've purchased a fountain pen, I still have a few Esterbrooks I bought back while I was in college and two Parkers from the 1940's gifted to me by my parents. My everyday fountain pen is a French Chinese Lacquered Parker Sonnet IIII from the early 80's. I have been looking for a way to consolidate the stuff I carry in my bag, did a bit of research and found Grifiti. They also make very useful iPad holders, cases and ergonomic computer accessories.

Back to the fountain pens, as part of my work I constantly alternate between data entry on my iPad with the use of a stylus and writing notes and/or referral information for clients. Until now, the switch between these two mediums required a pen change. The TagTool Stylus is extremely practical in this application, once posted, this pen can perform both functions flawlessly.

I have two pens, the matted Titanium and glossy black finish. I've used Caran d'Ache, Diamine, Nakimi and Iroshizuku inks on both and they have performed very well. The Titanium version played nicer with thinner ink (Iroshizuku,) probably a nib thing. These pens have very nice balance and weight for their size.

My only concern with this pen is the compression caps, these tend to get the wobbles with extensive or prolonged use but the good news is that Grifiti has stopped using compression pens and will very soon be offering a Generation 2 pen utilizing screw caps. I can't wait to try the new pens, these have already made work much easier for me. Highly recommended and very well priced.

http://www.grifiti.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment